Credit or Debit
Aspiring facilitators: Click this link to view: How To Play? Team Games: Credit or Debit
Discipline Global Citizenship,Entrepreneurship
Name Credit or Debit?
Goal Build a home or a business by buying products and services using either the Mock Credit or Debit Cards. Points awarded based on purchased item relevance and purchase method.
Learning Objectives Decision making strategies for the correct use of Debit and Credit cards. Financial wisdom, team decision making.
Skills College/Young Adults
Props Mock Debit/Credit cards, Priced items, Home or Business Box, Sorting Bins, Credit and Debit Stickers (Orange and Blue respectively)
Session Time 1 hour
Teams 4 teams of 4 members. Each team has a name.
- Briefing for 5 minutes. Facilitator introduces all props.
- Teams decide the environment they want to build (Home or Business) and select their box.
- Teams decide what they want to buy and what card they will use to buy them.
- Items are purchased by sticking orange sticker thru credit card and blue sticker thru debit card.
- Boxes are completed in 60 minutes
Climax Game ends on the 60th minute.
Winning Criteria Facilitator sorts items in sorting bins labelled Basic Necessities, Luxury, and Questionable. Each bin has points associated. Each item is also awarded points based on the credit or debit card used. Team with most points wins and gets a Credit Wise label.
Participation Certificates Facilitator distributes certificates for all with information to register for training workshops with Quality for Life.
Advice Letter Facilitator hands out an advice letter to improve performance to all participants.